I recently decided that by God's grace, 1) anything is possible and therefore 2) the UK dream isn't dead, it merely went to sleep for a bit but now I'm every bit ready to go after it full force.
Haven't quite seen the light at the end of this tunnel, but by faith, I'll soldier on.
Which brings me to my personal statement.
I've always sucked with writing things, because the perfectionist in me looks at every line and says no, it isn't good enough. Applies to any ill-fated attempt with poetry, prose, right down to GP essays. Honestly, after every single essay test, I find myself thinking "that was the worst essay I've ever submitted", even when, going by the grade I get eventually, that is pretty far from the truth.
But really. I don't know how to bring across why I want to study Accountancy & Finance, why UK.
I just do.
I like numbers. I like working with money. I like the working systematically.
I know what I don't want to study (sciences, humanities, social sciences), for a variety of reasons, and this isn't one of those things (it's a limited pool to choose from).
"I want to work in the cbd" has been the one ambition that has endured through the years, even through my phases of wanting to be a vet, a lawyer, a journalist.
UK, I suppose it started from the Lit trip in Year 4, where I saw this building with the words UNIVERSITY OF LONDON and decided that someday, somehow, I'd like to study there.
The unfettered dreams of a 16 year old are both incredible and terrifying.
Then again, not necessarily UK, a quality education anywhere else would make me really happy. I guess at the heart of it, I just really want to experience the world on a bigger scale.
Now, how do I put all that into 1000-4000 characters and 47 lines?
No comments:
Post a Comment