Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hurtling

Yet hope returns when I remember this one thing: The Lord’s unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise. The Lord is all I have, and so in him I put my hope.
— Lamentations 3:21-24



I've got to admit - I'd like to believe that I know the Bible pretty well. Not quote/ reference specific verses/ know the historical context of each event kind of well, but well enough to see most verses and go "oh hey, I've read that before". But here's a verse I entirely don't remember having read, and it came at a time I really needed it, or rather, needed God.

So this time next month, I'll be studying H3 Math. Which is on the 1st of December, 1 month and 2 days away. Then I'll be freeeeeeee.

But this time on Monday (it's Thursday now), I'll have just completed Paper 1 of GP, they'll probably just have collected the scripts, but point is, A Levels will have started. The distant trial looming over my head for the past 6 years and it's here, ready or not.

Things to remember.
- This is not my fight
- I am not a lone soldier
- God will go before me
- It's in God's hands
- However I do, I'll be okay.

Dear God, sometimes it gets a bit (or a lot) much and I find myself literally gasping for air as the nerves overtake me and my stomach twists into knots and my heart starts pounding and my legs feel weak. Take this fear, this anxiety away, please. Help me have faith in Your plan, and remember that You love me and that no mountain
And as I approach what's probably going to be the toughest part of my life yet, turn the potential stress crying to praise, the worry to faith that You will deliver me once again.
And I pray I'll emerge victorious, in Your name and by Your strength and grace.

No comments: