Friday, May 18, 2012

Unforgettable

Got back from OBS today, mixed feelings ttm.
Gonna type out everything so I can clear my head and hopefully capture every emotion I'm experiencing rn
(In addition to giddiness from the wavy feeling)

WATCH 18 RAFFLES  ♥

So unbelievably blessed with awesome watchmates & instructors :)
Actually, classmates in general I guess.
All really easygoing and nice, idk why it has taken me so long to truly appreciate being in 4J.
It was so fun seeing different sides of people, and I guess I opened up too (?)
But yeah I had such a fun time with everyone!
Tired as hell right now, mentally and physically.
But still super nostalgic :'
Somehow time passed so fast on Ubin.
Funny how we took a break away from this crazy fast paced life, only to find that time flies by on the other side of civilisation.
I wonder what it would be like to be born on the countryside, away from the city,
Live life in slow mo, peaceful and stuff.
Like I used to read about in books.
Huh. Never thought I'd be considering how nice that would be.
Perspective changing lol.

And the stars.
There's something about astrology that has always fascinated me.
Just gazing into the boundless night sky and looking at the stars that God created and placed millions of light years away from me always humbles me and reminds me that God is massive and powerful and there's really nothing to worry about.
Same for the ocean. Nature in general, I suppose.
And other than the horrible sanitation and exhausting activities, I kinda miss the place.

Truly once in a lifetime.

Slowly sinking back to reality, feeling the weight of stress and the workload pressing down and I'm like... meh.
Guess we all really did need those 5 days to step away from life and find ourselves again.
I certainly did.
But it was really an amazing experience, and I broke limits i thought I never would.
And I learned to appreciate life.

-

Starships were meant to fly
Hands up, and touch the sky.

No comments: