Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Other thoughts floating through my troubled mind.

(1)

I saw my childhood friend at city hall yesterday, I think.

We didn't say hi though.

It's pretty depressing if you think about it -- we were so, so close all the way until sec 1. I went to her house at least twice a week on average, we played everything you could imagine: imaginary pretend games, dancing to I'M A BARBIE GIRL, computer games, catching, hide and seek, etcetcetc. We pretty much grew up together.

I remember her sister asking us once if we were best friends. I replied "No, she's my special friend, because best friends don't last forever." Damn, I was one deep kid. It's a pity that didn't work though.

I don't actually know why we drifted apart, it just happened so suddenly. I guess without Sundays in church to bring us together, we kind of never made the effort. After all, we had new circles of friends in church (she did, anyway), new schools to adapt to, and somehow we just didn't bother. And we both moved on with our lives.

It makes me sad, thinking about it. I was once so sure that we'd be one of those pairs of friends who would boast about being friends since they were toddlers, having an Unbreakable Friendship that time couldn't touch. Guess not.

I miss those simpler days. Do you?

(this really wasn't supposed to sound like a post-breakup rant)

--

(2)

These few days, I've been feeling I just need a really good cry, however retarded that sounds. I don't know, I just feel so weighed down and somehow the idea of crying until I feel better sounds quite nice. Another quote from deepkidDeborah (I found this in my diary) - "Sometimes I feel like tears are little bottles of troubles just leaving your heart through your eyes."

Feeling like a dam just inches away from giving way, just not quite yet.

No comments: