(PDP post still in the making because there's so much to say and my attention span isn't very long)
Was watching White Collar just now, and somehow I started thinking about the concept of paradise.
What would the perfect place be like for me?
Actually, I don't really know lol.
I can think of so many elements that having around me would bring me so much joy, but I can't pinpoint one specific kind of place.
Let's see.
The beach -- something about the tropics that has always captivated me. I'd really love to visit South America, or Cape Verde (where Neal was hiding lol). The azure skies, swaying palm trees, sea breeze, sand, sun, water etc etc all blending into this dreamlike tropical haven. So yeah, a perfect white beach, complete with the vast, glistening ocean.
The city -- A contradiction already. But I don't think I could do without places like New York, London, Melbourne, even Orchard Road, bustling with activity. There's only so much time I can spend in a stagnant environment, as calm and relaxing it might be. I'm a Singaporean kid after all -- what's life if not ever in motion?
Also, beautiful architecture has its hold on me. From the old, like the Leaning Tower, to the modern like MBS, I just really adore these grand buildings.
Nature -- Like a lake, for example. Or where Dove Cottage is. Just surrounded by the beauty of God's creation left and right, all around. Calming for the soul.
Excitement -- Rollercoasters. Nuff said.
I guess that's like everywhere LOL.
The closest place I can think of that has all these elements?
Sentosa hahahaha.
Guess that's why it's my happy place.
But all of the above rly just show how much I want to travel.
My Utopia lies fragmented, all around the world.
All I need is my camera, a notebook, my phone, ipod and plane tickets to wherever my heart desires.
No comments:
Post a Comment