I see pictures/ quotes like this a lot these days. It's like post teenagehood, the world stops trying to convince you that it will all turn out alright, that better days await. Post teenagehood, you're expected to accept life as it is, stripped of the silver linings you were raised to believe were somewhere beyond the dark clouds. I watched Our Times with Zeph yesterday, and there was this line -- one day, you'll wake up and find that you're ordinary, living a not so great life with a not so great job in a not so great relationship. If the teenage version of you could see you now, she'd probably laugh at you too (it was in chinese but clearly I'm not even going to bother trying to word it out). Which kind of sucks because I had such high hopes and these days I don't even know if I'll ever be capable enough. It's like I'm trying to balance my faith in God with my lack thereof in myself, and I don't think it's supposed to be this way.
Another thing about the movie (oh gosh I need to stop jumping topics) -- love. Yeah, you watch a feel-good chick flick and you emerge feeling a mix of "awwwww" and "sigh so single no luv in my life". I somehow grew up imagining some sweet, swoon/ cringe-worthy high school romance, because you know, I read too many romance novels and watched chick flicks obsessively. So yes, there are all these counter-arguments in my head about how I am a strong, independent who does not need menfolk, and how /I'm still (somewhat) young/ and God's plan will play out, but some days, I wonder if romance is ever coming my way.
Anyway, it's a beautiful rainy morning and I will pick myself up and get some shit done now.
No comments:
Post a Comment