Monday, October 05, 2015

All the seas of the world tumbled about her heart.

It's past midnight and I'm at the same spot, switching through tabs - Facebook, tumblr, buzzfeed, blog after blog after blog, rinse and repeat. I've been doing this a lot lately, browsing through the Internet in hope of finding something worth a few hours of my time.

I used to be perfectly content being alone, I relished it even. Meals alone? Sure, as long as I had my phone or a good book. Movies alone? Why the heck not. Shopping alone? Absolutely. But recently, it's been getting to me. Solitude is great until you realise you don't really have a choice.

It's really affecting me how alone I've been feeling. I spent my day with some of my oldest, closest friends, and it was a great time, it always is. I miss the way things fell into place so effortlessly in Dunman. I miss not second-guessing and overthinking every step. I miss not having to worry about where I'd go after class, who I'd spend the afternoon with because someone, somehow, would always be there. 

I miss who/where/how I/everything used to be.



No comments: