Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Like a river

It's been an incredible week, really. For the first time in I have no idea how long, everything feels right, all the pieces are in place. Or at last most of them are.

Started my internship at Ernst & Young on Monday not expecting much. Delighted, because working in the middle of the CBD is  basically the one childhood dream I had that has withstood the test of time. (On a side note, I mentioned that to the SMU interviewers and I think they were questioning my sanity.) Hopeful and excited because this is as close a glimpse at what I want to do in the future as I'm getting before deciding on my uni course. But really, just hoping I'd have something to do for the next 3 weeks, given how little I know about what they're doing. But my goodness, everyone has been so nice and accommodating to the point I feel kind of bad for troubling them.

I'm really thankful for this opportunity. I remember being pretty down back in Y4 when I got put into Law instead of business (i.e. Accountancy) and regretting not signing up after Y5. But now, I realise how much more weight this internship holds at this stage of my life. I'm more mature now (I hope), I can do more, learn more, discern if Accountancy is really what I want to study for the next 4 years (it is).

Had my interview at SMU yesterday, aaaand I was honestly a nervous wreck LOL. But the interviewers were both really nice and all the scariness was mostly my own doing. There are things I wish I had/ hadn't said, things I wish I had asked, but in all, I guess it went pretty well.

Alsoooooo, I got a conditional offer from Warwick last week :D :D :D The fees are like more than 20k pounds a year, so the only way I'm getting there is a miracle and a scholarship. But I'm okay with that.

So this is my life, as put together as I can possibly hope for. It's 3 weeks at internship, then Europe. God is good :)

No comments: