It's 30 days to Europe, which I know is a lot, but I'm really, really excited. Wanderlust brimming over and all that. We're going from Singapore to Amsterdam to Bruges to Paris to Lake District to London and back. :)
I keep going 'oh, I'm going to _______' that I'm losing track, so here goes the list -
Things I'm going to do
1. Get a flim camera
For the record, my mum thinks this is absolutely ridiculous. But the idea of capturing things on film and not seeing them until I'm back in Singapore sounds really enticing. Then again, maybe that's just an excuse to be all cool retro hipster-ey. Ha.
2. Bring a travel journal
Reading my lit trip journal makes me really thankful that the school made us submit one. Painfully bad attempts at poetry and over-enthusiastic 16 year old tone aside. I'm glad that I penned everything down in such great detail, and yeah, I'm going to do it again. And again and again (hopefully I last until London).
(Then again, this morning I decided to make my very late new year's resolution to journal my life in general, with pen and a pretty notebook. I'd be surprised if I last until March, but hey, why not.)
3. Do some non-touristy things
I'm torn between wanting to be the tourist of tourists and doing the whole off-the-beaten-track thing, discovering back alleys and seeing a more quaint, rustic side of each city.
4. Prepare some great music in my phone before travelling
14 (possibly longer, I don't remember) hour flight, plus trains between cities, I'm going to need the best music to complement my longing looks into the countryside and dreaming of another life.
5. SHOP (and shop, and shop)
'nuff said.
6. DO
(I'm really afraid I'll forget to do something I really want to do when I'm there)
- Musicals: We've booked tickets to Wicked and Les Mis, so there goes something off my bucketlist #yey
- Ice skate: If everything goes to plan, there will be an ice skating rink in Paris in front of the City Hall and !!!!!!!!!!
- Stargaze
- London Harry Potter tour
- Hillsong Church London
- Eat Belgium waffles in Belgium. And chocolate
...
to be continued.
No comments:
Post a Comment