Monday, February 03, 2014
getaway / phuket '14
We ponned cny :)
It's been so long since the three of us went on a vacation together.
I guess it was high time we took the whole "screw tradition" thing to the next level by skipping all the festivities altogether. I'm glad we did though :) This should be our new thing.
And maybe I'm being sappy and shizz but it's nice being reminded of how blessed I am to have my family. Sure, there are so, so many things that I would change, and it's so easy to lose track of what I do have especially looking at other families, but in all, I'm incredibly thankful for the relationship I have w the parents and the sister.
My mum, who has dealt with all my moodswings and bitchy teenage years for so long, who does so much even when we don't always remember to tell her how appreciative we are, who has shown me what true strength is come trial after trial.
My dad, who always reminds me to take a chill pill and let life take its course and is always there to lend a listening ear for his rambling daughter and spoil me :) And I don't know how to eloquently put into words how much I love Sunday lunches where I can just rant about anything and everything without getting judged, because Daddy always knows what to say.
Anddddd the sib, who has been my rock through everything. She's someone I look up to in so many aspects, and I admire so. damn. much. how she's always able to put everyone else above herself, and how for her, it's always God first. And in all my materialism and whatnot, she's always who I look to to reflect on what's really, truly important.
So yeah, after all these years, I do love my family, each and every one of them :')
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment