Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sentimental / Counting stars

Taking a much undeserved break from Macroecons. Because blogging and procrastination go hand in hand. I think I'll be here a lot this year.

Orientation ended yesterday with a mushy singalong session at the campfire with the y5, 6 and 7 level songs, which of course, brought along a whole barrage of feels.

Backing up a bit, Karazo '14 was really fun, albeit less cray than Y5 orientation because after a year, we have all become jaded old fogies. Yeah. I'm glad I listened to the part of me that didn't want to pon orientation :)

I guess it's only just hit me that I have a year left in Dunman.

I've come a long way from the girl who walked into school on the first day 5 years back for Homecoming, scared shitless because I didn't know anyone in my class.

It turned out to be a great, fantastic, quirky class. Being in 1/2L really undid all the bs I'd come to believe in primary school about the notions of being 2kool4skool, and it also immensely humbled me (too much, maybe, to the point I couldn't be assed to work in Y1/2, but that's another story). Really thankful for the friends I made there /much luv/

And Guides, of course -- it took up so much of my life in Junior High, and I'm glad it did. One of the best decisions of my life in school thus far, fo' sure.

Y3/4 saw a class I never got completely attached to. Even so, I enjoyed the company of my classmates, and I guess it's kind of sad how I didn't even try keeping the ties.
But what really distinguished Y3/4 was the fact that somehow, without realising it, I actually started doing my homework, studying for tests, getting better grades (by God's grace, no less). Maybe it was the dumb, competitive bit of me that somehow saw that I actually stood a chance if I started working, and so I did, just to prove a point.

More memories in Guides in those 2 years as well, the seniors sure as heck weren't kidding when they said that Y3 would be unforgettable. Somehow zformation came to be somewhere in those years, and wooooooow where would I be without these girls <3

And 2013 with 5C34 was :) :). It was such a different environment from any of my previous classes, and definitely a welcome change. The 34 ZHABORS (I should stop labelling friends by whatsapp group names)  really did make the year a lot more bearable :') Don't know how the heck I missed that out in the previous post. 2013 was the year I joined Guitar too, but I reminisced enough in the post below.

(Oh yeah, another thing I forgot about in the 2013 post - I stopped attending that, and it may not have played out the way I envisioned, but I'm pretty sure I made the right decision anyway. One day I'll understand why God brought me through this whole journey, but till then.)

So, last night. Something about singing No Boundaries really put into perspective how it's my freaking A Level year, and I've got 10 months to work my ass off and make things happen.

Then 我们之间 came on, which brought another barrage of emotions because 5 years have flown by and real, adult life is actually nearing, ready or not. And I'll leave this comfortable, familiar, sheltered environment I've grown so accustomed to in the past few years and have to make new friends (which honestly frightens me #damnintrovert) and immerse myself into a whole new world (cue Aladdin).

And by At The Beginning, everyone was just kind of high, singing really loudly and idontknow, I wasn't actually thinking by that point.

Point is, it was an amazing night that brought back too many memories and pulled me into the whirl of thoughts, not-so eloquently expressed above.

Not sure how this became a walk down memory lane, but to conclude, I'm really thankful that God helped me get into DHS, I really am. Because P6 me didn't actually believe I could. And that God led me to choose DHS, because life could have gone a whole other direction that might have been better, but I'm happy here, not knowing.

Here's to an unforgettable, hopefully adequately enjoyable final year.

-
On another note, I've found myself struggling to answer some of the typical 'Get to know you better' questions from teachers. For a supposedly introspective person, I really suck at coming up with answers?

"Best moment of 2013?" "Lowest moment of 2013?" "Hopes for 2014?"

Well, I do have answers , just that they're all related to grades/ CCA, and it makes me sad penning all that down on paper because woooooow I sound so loserly, not having a life outside school and all.

But maybe I just don't.

Damn.
-
How weird is it that living and dying are synonymous. 
Either way, we're just wiling away our limited time here.

No comments: