Sunday, June 02, 2013

glimmerglass

Today, in church, I pictured myself in a vast field in the middle of nowhere. I was at the top of some ruin of what used to be a fortress or something, but apart from that, nothing, no one. The overgrown grass danced in the breeze, the clouds in the sky moved almost unnoticeably and it was just insanely peaceful and I was just talking to God out loud, like that escapade was meant for me to put aside everything and reconnect. I found myself just feeling sad from how much I want, no, need to escape, even just for a little while.

I've been thinking of making a trip to the helix bridge or sentosa boardwalk alone, just to be alone and lost in my thoughts because I am an introvert like that and solitude is pretty darn awesome.

Maybe that's a nicer way of saying loner.

Anyhow, call me crazy, but this holiday, rewinding is just as important to me as studying for CTs, because if not now, then when the hell? A year and half from now, after A's drive me mad? Uh yeah, how 'bout no.

You could say that I'm rediscovering my love for reading, or maybe I'm just grasping on to it because getting lost in fiction is hell a lot more enjoyable than the reality of mugging.  I've already finished one book (Warm Bodies, was pretty good but not exactly my kind of genre), and I got a few from NLB yesterday. Looking forward to afternoons in cafes, with a cup of (overpriced) coffee and a book. My kind of afternoon. :)

yeah, what CTs?

Hey look, prose.

No comments: