Yknow, for sentimentality and all haha.
Woke up feeling all pensive so yeah HAHA
MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2012AH crap I didn't realise how vague all my resolutions were LOL.
1. Lead a life of thanksgiving, to praise God in every situation, good or bad.
2. Lead a God-centered life, putting God first no matter what
3. Thrive on God's strength
4. GPA >3.78
5. Love the people around me
6. Focus on the eternal
2011's list was so specific in comparison.
But to sum up the year, I guess 2012 was a pretty good one for me.
Then again, I guess I'm the kind of person to forget the bad easy enough so I end up saying that every year haha.
But schoolwise, I think 4J really did bond quite a bit this year, and I'm really thankful for the friendships forged there. It took time, but gah I'm gonna miss it so :(
Also, Guides -- leadership year was a rollercoaster, but I love the girls so much :') Excited to be a YA hahaha.
Grades were some good some bad I guess, but in the end God really did help me. I can do all things through Christ :) Faith.
Also, UK trip! Definitely 10 of the best days this year. It was an absolutely amazing time, an incredible opportunity I wouldn't trade for the world. Also, it really did fuel my wanderlust, these days the idea of travelling to the other side of the world is pretty darn consuming haha.
Also, kept in contact with 2L, which looking back, was really the most special and unique class I could ask for. No idea how the teachers survived, but I know I sure as hell had loads of fun back then. Yay chalet this week!
And family was okay I guess, not as much drama this year for obvious reasons I guess.
I am, however, thankful that I got past the 'dark days' even though this is like, 2 years overdue.
Honestly, when I think about those days, it just strikes me how God's love and grace just carried me through, because I can't imagine having to go through all of that again on my own. Of course, so many times I find myself wallowing in 'if only's and 'why me', but things could be a lot worse so yep, thanksgiving.
Wow, look at me writing in full paragraphs!!
And hmmmm my spiritual life. I guess in all honesty, it leaves much to be desired, I really do think I've slid back in the past few months.
But I know for sure without a doubt that I need God's strength more than anything else to face year 5, so I'm going to start climbing up the metaphorical hill again.
Also, the jump I'm planning to make is gonna be scary as hell but I just pray it pays off.
Moving on to the frivolous, I met wongfu and saw The Wanted this year!!!!! :D
Sucks how all the celebrities I like are on the other side of the world haha.
That's all I can think of rn, guess I'm just gonna wile away my last day of the year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment