Friday, June 12, 2015

everyone knows that there's no going back

Wow it's been ages, ha. But my journal has been coming along nicely -- it's probably my longest lasting new year's resolution so far. I've been recording my life online for what, 8 years? now, and it didn't feel right to stop. It's all here -- everything I've dealt with over the years, how I've grown without even realising.



So that has been my life the past year summarised into a graph of some sort. I've always believed that life is about relative highs and lows. However blessed a person may be, it's easy to forget everything when shit strikes, however trivial a problem. That pretty aptly describes how I've been feeling this year.

'A's aren't looming over me, and I've got basically no responsibilities whatsoever for the time-being. It's everything I dreamt of last year, but still I find myself upset, anxious for no good reason at some points. It hasn't been a perfect year. 

I suppose the next few months will be more telling. New beginnings and all. It feels like we're all riding out the last waves of 6 years in Dunman. I'm always going to be thankful for the amazing people I've met, the friendships I've made, but it's all going to change once we enter our respective universities. Right now, people are attending camps, making new friends, and it'll be my turn in a month or so. To be honest, it's scary.

In less than two months, I will be starting my university education at SMU. It took so many twists and turns and ups and downs to get to this point, but here I am. I'm actually really excited to get started with school, being the hopeless nerd I am. This limbo of not moving anywhere is getting tiring, and I just want to move forward with my life. 

That being said, I just returned from Bangkok with Maranda last night, and I'll be headed to Taiwan (not Korea :( ) with Zephania, Tessa and Emily the day after. This feels like the highlight of my 8 months as a potato -- I really, really love travelling. And as much as I love vacationing with my family, travelling with friends is a whole different kind of exhilarating. One day I'll venture out on my own, but that's a story for another day (or year, damn). 

No comments: