Saturday, June 07, 2014

onward we sail

This time last week, I was at PLTC '14. Admittedly, I wasn't really involved in the planning or anything, but it still felt pretty bittersweet knowing this might be one of the last bits of my journey in Guiding. It has been a 5.5 year journey, I daresay it may be one of my longest commitments in my life. And it's been a wonderful, memorable one, for lack of a better word, and I'm incredibly thankful for everything and everyone I've encountered, because Guides was probably among the major things that defined who/ where I am today.

And for the past 2 days, I was at Accounting Camp at SMU. It was a lot of fun, meeting people outsiide of Dunman for the first time in very very long. But more importantly, I guess it gave me a clearer picture of what I want to do. Which was the impetus I needed, because honestly  I am so sick of A levels and school and the education system (but not necessarily education) and the thought of studying for JCTS, then prelims then As is pretty depressing. 

But alright, head high, eyes on God, let's soldier on.

No comments: