Friday, April 18, 2014

And I Wonder

I feel like so ridiculously much has happened in the past month and I'm disturbed because I haven't had enough time to myself to sit and process everything. Long overdue offloading session okay leggo. It's been too long, I actually need my (really pretty) planner for this.

ALRIGHT so. Since the 22nd of March.

23rd  March-  I turned 18. Whee. Haven't done anything with that so meh pretty anticlimactic.
24th - 28th March - MCTs came and went, did okay I guess. Would have liked to do better, but wellllll. Thankful anyway, God is good :)

29th March - Went for some test for the Government to judge my intelligence (or lack thereof) hurhur. Also, went to the Earth Day thing and HEY I SAW ANDREW GARFIELD AND EMMA STONE ♥ (And Jamie Foxx)
And ZephaniaXiaoqiTessaYapqi surprised me for my bday so aww yey friends :)

30th March - Picnic at Marina Barrage with Amelia, Grace, Jieying, Xueqi, Siyun and Huiyi :)
Another birthday surprise <3 I should stop overlooking how blessed I am.

1-4th April was just hardcore concert prep, settling tickets and rehearsing and stuff. Super busy super tired but yeahhhhh and

5th April - INTERTWINE 2014 :D :D :D

Left this post in my drafts and didn't post it but  - 

Intertwine 2014
The road leading to concert was freaking crazy. I think we started planning this some time in December/ early January if I remember correctly? After all the Monday afternoon meetings, practices, the whirlwind that was ticketing, I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that it's over. And with that, so is my journey in Guitar. Woooow.

The concert was so much fun though, and for once, our playing during the actual thing was better than during the rehearsal :) And guzheng was so, so good too. I'm so glad everything worked out :D


And down to the not-so-happy -

 Doing ticketing wasn' t as smooth-sailing as I expected, but I did learn a lot from the whole experience.
That sometimes you make mistakes. And people will give you hell for it, even after you make things right. That (forgive me if this is my defensiveness speaking) sometimes, people hide their inadequacy/ the fact that they're as much as you are, winging it by throwing shit at your efforts and ignoring the lengths to which you went to make everything work out. 
And most of all, that sometimes, people really, really suck, but you've just got to grin and bear it. 
I felt like I was wronged and insulted for no bloody reason, but I'm honestly not naive enough to believe that I'm not going to face this kind of BS in the future, especially considering the path I'm aspiring to take. It's a learning point, I guess, to be even more careful, and maybe I won't be that affected the next time round. If there is a next time. For the umpteenth time in my life, I really do wish I could care and feel less because, damn, emotions are tiring.
I guess what I can take away from this is the satisfaction that I did my best, and hell yeah do I believe I did my job well enough, given the circumstances. So to you, well, suck it.

It's over anyway, I will learn to forgive and put this behind me.
 On a whole though, it was an experience I wouldn't change for the world. I'm so incredibly thankful for everyone who worked so hard planning and performing. Being in Comm and having some part in this other than performing made this concert mean so much more to me, even if I wasn't directly involved in planning the programme proper.  

So yeah, thanks to everyone who made Intertwine as awesome as it was, from the teachers, to the comms, to the players, to the audience :) And from SYF to C'est La Vie to all the random perforamnces inbetween to comm stuff to Bass 2013/2014 to lunches and going back with new friends and finally, to Intertwine, I'm really thanful for this chapter in my life :')
14th April - PW results! Thank God x infinity. Still, annoyed at the system because I so honestly believe that the whole of DH049 damn well deserved an A for all the effort put in. But while Marilyn, DJ, Andy and Wanglu will probably never read this, looking back, I couldn't have asked for a better group to work with :)

--

Which brings me to today, Good Friday.
Went for the Good Friday service for the first time in years, and I don't think I've ever really understood the magnitude of God's love this much. Like, it hit me harder than ever before how big Jesus dying on the cross really is. I don't really know how to express myself but all I can say is Thank You because words don't really capture how amazing my God is.

So yeahhhhhhhhhhh that's life in the past month, down to today.

199 days to A levels eeeeep

No comments: