Monday, April 01, 2013

If I could do anything, go anywhere in the world right now, I'd get onto a plane (SIA, no less) and fly to the UK.
Say I had a month of freedom. And an unlimited cash supply.
I'd visit a small town first, maybe in Ireland. Or York, or Lake District.
I guess I'd spend 2 days there tops.
I'd visit a church there, a quaint old one with roots that go wayyyy back when.
I'd sit in cafes, get ice cream cones, watch leaves fall and ducks swim and people walking, just anything to take my mind off things -- and that'll be the start of my much needed unwinding.
Then I'd take a train to France or Switzerland, maybe Germany or Italy, where I'd just bask in the beauty of God's creation untouched by man.
That, and the timeless architecture artfully crafted by Those Who Lived Before.
All that, for 2 weeks, perhaps.

And when the city kid in me inevitably gets restless from the overwhelming peace, I'd head somewhere less remote.
Like Bath. Or Amsterdam.

Then I'll hit the big cities -- London, Paris, etcetc -- for the rest of my stay.

The unreachable nature of daydreams make them as painful as they are delightful.

Point is, this place is stifling and claustrophobic, and I hate that any form of escape is such a long way off :(


No comments: